Flipping through the August issue of Good Housekeeping, I saw this wonderful twist on a favorite food of mine - Pizza. Click here to visit this recipe online.
* 2 medium portobello mushroom caps, sliced
* 1 small (4- to 6-ounce) red onion, sliced into rounds
* 1 small yellow summer squash, sliced
* 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
* 1 pound(s) whole wheat pizza dough
* 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
* 1/2 cup(s) (2 ounces) shredded smoked mozzarella
* 1/4 cup(s) packed fresh basil leaves, sliced
1. Preheat grill on medium. Brush mushrooms, onion, and squash with oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
2. Grill vegetables, covered, 6 minutes or until tender and browned, turning once. Remove from grill and separate onion rings; set aside. Reduce heat on grill to medium-low.
3. Cover large cookie sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray. Stretch dough into 10 inch by 14 inch rectangle. Place on cookie sheet.
4. Lift dough and foil; place, dough side down, on grill, gently peeling off foil. Cover; cook 3 minutes or until bottom is crisp. Turn crust over. Quickly top with tomatoes, vegetables, and cheese. Cover; cook 2 minutes longer or until bottom is crisp. Slide onto cutting board; garnish with basil.