These cookies have become my new favorite treat. They are made without sugar, oil, or flour, but are packed full of flavor and chewiness. I first saw this recipe circulating on Facebook, and then my mother made them for me on my last trip to Ohio. I have shared this amazing recipe from Texanerin with friends whose kids have inhaled them.
Grain-free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
• Prep Time: 8 min
• Cook Time: 10 min
• Ready in: 18 min
• Yield: 14 1" cookies
• 1¼ cups canned chickpeas, well-rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• ½ cup + 2 tablespoons (165 grams) natural peanut butter, or almond butter
• ¼ cup (80 grams) honey
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• A pinch of salt if your peanut butter doesn't have salt in it
• ½ cup (90 grams) chocolate chips (use vegan chocolate chips, if needed)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F / 175°C. Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth. Make sure to scrape the sides and the top to get the little chunks of chickpeas and process again until they're combined.
2. Put in the chocolate chips and stir it if you can, or pulse it once or twice. The mixture will be very thick and sticky.
3. With wet hands, form into 1½" balls. Place onto a piece of parchment paper. If you want them to look more like normal cookies, press down slightly on the balls. They don't do much rising. Bake for about 10 minutes.
• Don't even try with regular peanut butter! They'll come out oily. You MUST use natural peanut butter. :)
• If you need grain-free baking powder, you can use 1 part cream of tartar + 1 part baking soda + 2 parts arrowroot.