The CDC has put together a great list of things that will take you about 5 minutes or less, to support your health. With the busy day taking hold of your schedule, often you can't imagine finding any time to take care of yourself.
Don't be intimidated by this list as it is 100% doable, especially since not all need to be done daily.
- Test smoke alarms - Once a month testing the batteries in your smoke alarm will make sure that you and your family are protected.
- Skin and body check - check your skin regularly for lumps, rashes, sores or discolorations. Anything that looks suspicious please tell your doctor.
- Eat healthy - make sure you're eating fruit and veggies at every meal. Take time to plan your weekly meals.
- Clean the house and disinfect surfaces - don't forget to clean kids toes regularly.
- Exercise - I would prefer 30 minutes a day, but start with 5 minutes a day. There are great free apps for your smart phone that will help you exercise, so download one. Also look on many video streaming websites like Netflix or Hulu for exercise shows and routines.
- Teeth and gums - not only do you need your regularly cleanings, but take the time each day to brush, floss and maybe use a water pick system.
- Open the windows - with the weather warming up a bit, take a few moments to air out your living spaces. This helps to move the stagnate air out.
Hopefully by doing a few of these things each day, you'll start to enter into a routine where you unconsciously are taking action to better your life and those around you!