The importance of water is known. However, we often overlook it for something that has a bit more flavor.
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
2. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3% (consider this as you are trying to lose weight).
3. One glass of water shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington medical study.
4. Lack of water, the number one trigger of daytime fatigue.
5. Lack of water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing.
6. Drinking 5 glasses of water a day can decrease your cancer risk - colon cancer by 45%, breast cancer by 79%, and you are 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?
What is the appropriate amount of water a day? You should be drinking roughly half your body weight in ounces of water. Thus if you weight 160lbs you should be drinking 80oz of water per day.
Consider the following information about coke and sodas in general when you are choosing your drinks for the day.
1. In many states in the US, the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.
3. Uses around the house and car
- To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let it sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.
- To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
- To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
- To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
- To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.
4. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.
5. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial trucks must use the "Hazardous Material" place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.
6. And the list can go on an on about the toxic nature of coke.
Try making water more attractive if you are having trouble motivating yourself to drink it. Add some fresh or frozen fruit to it, have unsweetened tea, or at the very least dilute what you are drinking with ice cubes that you finish. The more water your drink the more your body will thank you.